- Take advantage of technological resources such as videos on YouTube or routes on Wikiloc to provide knowledge and information to the ecotourist.
- Use social networks: people share their experiences and recommend the destination (digital word-of-mouth).
Link to education:
It is about creating specific ecotourism activities
for schoolchildren, with the aim of transmitting
environmental, cultural and social values.
Orange tourism: It is a sustainable tourism and generator of cultural, economic and social development based on responsible tourism management of cultural heritage, artistic production and cultural and creative industries.
Events are the future:
Take advantage of the potential of ecotourism to plan events aimed at promoting local culture, conserving the environment and diversifying the economy.
Glamping = Glamour + Camping
These are facilities in the middle of nature
with a minimum environmental impact and with
high degree of comfort.
Synergies with other companies:
Through complementary activities that enhance the ecological character of the project: accommodation, restaurants, workshops, entertainment, etc.
Ecotourism survives Covid-19
Ecotourism, especially in mountain areas, has been, since the end of the lockdown, one of the favorite vacation alternatives for many families, a summer in which safety prevails above all else.
In ecotourism and tourism in nature, the positive impact outweighs the negative, unlike the balance in the impacts of the massive tourism industry.
Finding a balance will be crucial for the tourism industry to recover and develop sustainably.
10 tips to undertake in ecotourism
1)Do not be bohemian. Ecotourism is a business and as such it is necessary to invest human and economic resources based on viable short, medium and long term objectives.
2)Study your environment well. An exhaustive analysis of the offer as well as the demand for general tourist services will help you analyze the real and potential possibilities that your project has.
3)To be sustainable you have to be economically viable. Sustainability is a long road and, therefore, you have to be patient to consolidate a good environmental policy and management in the company.
4)Be clear about your communication strategy. In an extremely competitive environment, and sometimes unethical, being clear about the values of the company and its added value is vital to transmit it to potential partners and clients.
5) Do not work alone. Partnering and networking with different entities in the territory will help you to know how it works.
6) Be creative. Try together with your communication strategy to put your personal point to everything you do and everything you show to others: logos, social networks, photographs, website. There are millions of web pages that are flat not transmitting anything. Customers expect something that shocks them or piques their curiosity.
7) Certifications are not the solution. Do not get obsessed with obtaining certifications, the first thing is to implement and consolidate the values of the company. Once the internal process is controlled, it is easier to implement any certification. There is a wide variety and options but you have to be very careful when selecting, wondering: “Who is going to value that label?”
8) The search for marketing channels. To obtain customers, you have to research and connect with the marketing channels that allow the business to meet its sales objectives and ensure its economic viability. And, once achieved, the most important thing is to strengthen those marketing channels and retain those customers.
9) You must be alert to opportunities. You must be an observer of your environment. The ecotourism sector and other forms of responsible and sustainable tourism are changing rapidly, so one has to work in connection with the trends and demands that are generated at different territorial scales.
10) Look for agreements with the local government and non-governmental organizations to help you develop specific plans for the management of your future visitor that will help them protect the environment, and especially the local population residing there.